8.08.2013

Week 8 - Love from Santa Lucia


  
Hi my lovely family!!! How are you all??? Here are some fun facts about Santa Lucia and the mission:

1. They say it’s the hardest place in the mission to baptize but that won't stop me! We found 5 new positive investigadors so hopefully things are looking good! In the strength of the Lord, all things are possible.
2. There is a pulperia on every block! All of them sell delicious bread and baleadas and ice cream! It’s pretty funny.
3. When it rains, it pours...literally pours!
4. We drink water from bags (don’t worry it is pure) Oh and we also sometimes drink juice and ice cream from bags as well! That's the Honduras life! (And the ice cream is frozen so you just let it defrost for a while!)
5. The shower water is salt water so it's going to change my hair and everything but I am just grateful that I have a warm shower.
6. I don’t have a pillow. Or a mirror. But that's okay. Who needs one?
7. Here they don’t say there s's on words so it's hard to understand sometimes
8. Three is such sweet joy in teaching the gospel! More joy than I have ever felt in my life!
9. I get to go to the Honduras temple on August 22!!! I am so so so so so so so excited!!
10. The other 5 sisters in my branch are from El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala. Only Gringo!! One from Honduras is the girl I met in the creamery at BYU!! Hermana Molina! She is awesome!
11. It is cold in the mountains. Thank heavens I brought that small BYU blanket or else I would be way cold at night!
12. People sometime think I hate Honduras because I don't talk all that much but in reality I just really don't know what they are saying or they talk way way too fast for me to keep up! HAHA

Anyway, those are my little facts for this week. Other things! Yesterday we attended another Hermana's baptism and I cannot wait for my first. This week, Hermana Arreaga (my comp) told me that I was going to teach an entire lesson and she was only going to bear her testimony and add small things here and there! So we walked in to Elena’s house (the investigador), and I taught the lesson and after I was purely happy because Elena is totally accepting the gospel and wants to be baptized, we are just waiting for her papers so that she can get married! But the gift of tongues is real, and I love teaching the gospel! The spirit is so strong and it is amazing to see the change in peoples eyes or at least see them feel the spirit and express their feelings!

This week Hermana Vazquez’s (a sister from El Salvador) aunt came to visit because her aunt served her mission in Tegucigalpa as well! So How and Lisa, when are you coming down to Honduras??? Can't wait!!! hahah chiste, joke! It was weird! I don't know why she visited but I thought it was pretty funny!

We have found 5 new investigadors and my Spanish is slowly coming along. Line upon line, precept on precept right!!

We had a family home evening last night with two boys who are recent converts and their mom and grandma, Victoria and Marta both are not members, and we made a cake but we also talked about forgiveness and the Atonement and it was truly amazing!!! The spirit was there in the room and Victoria expressed her feelings about the Atonement. Teaching the gospel is amazing! It is hard but when the spirit is there to help and guide you, it is amazing!

My comp and I also had to teach relief society on the fly yesterday and once again let me testify of the gift of tongues!! I trusted the Lord and he helped me teach a lesson! It was amazing! My companion is the nicest person ever! She is funny too! She teaches with so much love because she has the biggest heart. She is like an older sister to me and watches over me and protects me! I am so grateful for her!! I love her!! When we both teach together, the spirit is there and it is an amazing experience!!

I love the mission life. I miss you all a lot and have been pretty homesick but when we teach and when the spirit is there, I know there is nowhere else I am supposed to be!  I can't wait to work hard this week and teach more and more. I just want to work work work. Come 10:30 at night, I am exhausted! I love you all!!!  

Hermana Bodine

Hermana Jenn's desk
 Peanut butter ice cream in a cup
 Making tacos with a family
 Making baleadas! Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment