7.13.2014

Week 56 - S'mores




Well, I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July. I just want to write a short little email. I taught my comp to make S'mores this week, but as I was thinking today, it stands for more important things. 

S stands for Salvacion. Our new President gave us a message. He said that we are the opportunity in which the people can return to their Heavenly Father and receive their salvation. This week we had an ataque de area in which the elders came and helped knock doors with us to find new people to teach. We are not allowed to knock doors so it was really nice having their help. 

M stands for Manualidades. Two of our investigadores loves manualidades and making things so I taught them to make snowflakes just like my mom taught me. I love sharing my small little talents with others. The lord has given us talents to share with others. 

O stands for Obedience. Elder Robert D. Hales said in his talk, that spiritually mature obedience is the Savior´s obedience and it is motivated by love and can help bring confidence, eternal happiness, a sense of fulfillment to us and to those around us. I just love that. I want to follow the Savior's obedience and example. 

R stands for Reunion Sacramental. This week was testimony meeting and the testimonios de los miembros were so strong and full of the spirit. We were able to have an investigador join us for church. IT was amazing to see how each testimony applied to her and her life. She felt the spirit as tears rolled down her cheeks. She was so grateful that we brought her to church and really understand the importance of going to church. I know she will progress. Hermana Bowler loves the scriptures in 3 Nephi 18 verses 3 and 4. We have participated in the Santa Cena; it is now our job to help others have the blessings of the Santa Cena in their lives. 

E stands for Equipo. Our Aps shared a message about playing on the same team.  We are all playing on the Lord's team. We need to work together as a mission to help the Lord in His work. We cannot do this work by ourselves. It is important that we are all working together but more importantly working for the Lord on HIs team and doing His will. 

S stands for Sonrisa. Sometimes, it is just so healthy to laugh and smile. This week, we were contacting people and we started to talk to this old woman. We just said. "Hola hermana Como esta??" And she just replied, "No hay nadie." There is no one. And then we said, "Y usted hermana??" And she just said, "No estoy comiendo. Que le vaya bien." She basically told us that no one was there while she was standing there talking to us. Sometimes, when we are rejected we just need to smile and keep on working. I just love walking through the streets of Tatumbla with a smile on my face and a Book of Mormon in my hand talking to people and sharing a message of Christ. 

I love eating S'mores but more importantly I love this work. It is so amazing to be a part of the Lord's work and seeing changes in people's lives due to this gospel. 



Keep on Smiling, 

Hermana Bodine

 This plate is called tajaditas con pollo. Typical dish here. Soo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment