Well it's official, our Hermana has made it to Honduras! We were just able to talk to her on the phone for about two minutes each, and she seemed so, so, so happy and so excited to be there. We are truly blessed to have a missionary serving from our family, and what a great one she is. She loved the MTC, and the temple and is ready to serve!
Make sure you start sending mail to Honduras now, with dearelder.com (still free!) or with the addresses to the right --->
Here is her last update:
"AHH such a good week! This past pday,
we went to Walmart and got to leave el ccm because they needed to clean it, and
so my district (in celebration of an elder’s birthday) decided to draw names
and get a little secret Santa gift and have Feliz Navidad in Julio! It was the
best thing ever! We all got our little treats and gifts and that night during
our district meeting after the devotional, we sang “Hark the Herald Angels Sing”
and started our gift exchange! We all said why we love the person we had and then
gave our gift! It was just one of those times where you are sitting with people
you love (we were sitting outside at night in the parking lot, cause we no
longer have a classroom, with blankets around us) and you are just so so happy
and you know that you are in the right spot at the right time!
After our exchange we sang Feliz
Navidad in a quiet but cheerful whisper. One verse in Spanish one in English and
it was one of the happiest moments I have had here! We were just all soo soo
happy! It was pure joy! Pure joy! This district is basically my second family!
I am so sad to be leaving them but I am so so excited to enter into the field!
Next matter of subject, we attended the
temple today again! I am so grateful I got to go to the temple before I left (did
you know the Honduras one is NOT in my mission, sad)! I love this temple and I
hope I can return to it one day! I have had the most spiritual moments in this
tiny beautiful Guatemala temple! I was so sad as I walked out the door of the Celestial
room with Hermana McAllister knowing that it was my last time! Closing that
gorgeous door and saying goodbye to the tiny white Celestial room where I could
still see elders dressed in white was too sad. It was like saying goodbye to
home! I can’t wait for the day where we NEVER have to leave the Celestial room
or the Celestial Kingdom! I know I am going to do everything I physically and
spiritually can to get back to the celestial kingdom!!
In the room today, our teacher Hermano
Chavez joined us for the session and he came up to me and my companion and said,
¨God is here. Talk to Him.¨ I just started to cry as I poured my heart to my
dear, loving Heavenly Father! Such a neat day! Oh and the baptismal font in
this temple is so tiny and so precious! I wish I could have done baptisms too!
Another tender mercy this week is that I was marking my scriptures for a
scripture for the law of chastity cause I was preparing to teach it, and in my
Spanish scriptures I accidently marked the wrong chapter. So I decided to read
that verse that I accidently marked to see what it was about! It was Alma 38:5.
It was just what I needed to hear because it talked about trusting the Lord and
how He will deliver us out of affliction and I have been nervous about entering
the field next week, but I know all I need to do is trust in the Lord and He will
deliver me out of my affliction!
I know it will be hard and I know I
have to work and have faith and hope and love and obey with exactness, but I know
the Lord will be there for me! Presidente said, ¨You haven’t even tasted the
pure joy from missionary work, that will come in the field.” I am so soo
excited for that pure joy!
I also had the opportunity to lead a
district discussion and I could just feel the spirit guiding me and Elder Evans
(who was leading with me.) It was amazing! We also watched a great devotional
from Elder and Sister Nelson. Sister Nelson talked about how we are not just
bringing one person over but thousands on the other side of the veil. That is
soo cool to think of all those ancestors waiting on the other side. She also
said so many of my ancestors are cheering me on and they are there to help me!
Call upon them! So powerful!
Elder Nelson continued to say, “Obedience
brings success, exact obedience brings miracles,” and it doesn’t stop with
baptism. We want to get our investigadors to the temple! I want to hug my
investigadors in the celestial kingdom! That’s how hard we have to work and
that’s why it is important to stay in contact! He also said hurt can turn into
hope? And I love that as well! The words the apostles say are of God! I love
listening to their devotionals and talks!
My Spanish is really coming along! I am
able to speak at meals with the Latino sisters in purely Spanish! Believe me it’s
rough but it is so so so fun! I love it! One night my comp and I talked with
the Latino sisters in the room for 30 mins in Spanish!!! It was soo fun! And
this is why I am sooo soo excited to go to Honduras! I am so excited to meet
the people and just love them with all my heart and serve them!
I have kept on playing deportes and
volleyball in the rain! We have deportes at night so it is so nice to just have
a relaxing night playing volleyball and then go in and have companionship
study! I love missionary work with all my heart!
All my life I always wondered if I was
going to go on a mission, and now I am a missionary! Sometimes I wake up at
night and just think that to myself and I get so so happy! I also fall asleep
reciting scriptures like DC 4 (got that one memorized) I am so blessed to be
serving! It is tough work but it is the Best work! El mejor! Everything is soo
great here! Miss you and love you!"
We love her too. Thanks for your support for her. If you include a comment here I will be sure to send it to her in my weekly email or Dear Elder!

No comments:
Post a Comment