Our Hermana is half-way through the MTC!
"I can't believe today
marks the 3 weeks mark! Crazy to think I have been out here for that long
(sometimes it feels like longer though). I have been humbled so much
already. On Sunday, we had exchanges with the Latinos and Hermana McAllister
and I got the cutest Hermana Melo from Peru! She is like 1/3 my size and just adorable
and hilarious and soo full of energy! She was talking about how her brother is
leaving on a mission and she won’t see him for 3 years. I told her she should
write but she said they she didn’t have the money to write. Then she continued
to explain how her mom gave her all of her dresses so that she would have
clothes for the mission and that the greatest gift was her scriptures from her
dad. I have been given so much in my life and I am so grateful! This mission is
already so humbling! I am so grateful for all I have! My teaching is getting better
and better but I still have so much to learn about teaching. The language is
slowly coming along but it is hard. But I do know the gift of tongues is real.
I see it all around me. We did a Spanish-only day and it was so hard, but it
truly helped me learn more and more about Spanish.
I wear my crocs in the
rain! They are the best shoes! I love wearing skirts, we share clothing here
with the girls in my district to change it up!
Please take a nap for me.
Sometimes there is nothing more that I want than a nap! I think ill take one
today on Pday. We are all wearing red white and blue on the 4th to
celebrate. I am seriously missing Montana already!
The weather is nice! It
always rains and it is humid so by the end of the day you feel sooo ssooo sooo
sooo sticky that it’s not even funny! Our classroom is now in the capilla (chapel)
by the temple so we have to walk to and from the c cm and one day it was
pouring rain and none of us had umbrellas so my whole district was running
though the rain carrying Book of Mormons and preach my gospels and everything!
It was hilarious and I’m sure people thought we were crazy! It was great
though! Once again it is pouring and none of us have umbrellas! We will be
running back to el ccm because the computers are in a separate place. We no
longer have a classroom so we are always on the move! It´s like we are
homeless, but I like it! We study in the capilla by the temple sometimes and one
day little kids were there practicing the primary program so we got to hear
little kids pray and stuff in Spanish! They are so adorable! I want one!
It is amazing how your
district is your support group! We have come so close and we truly love each
other! We all gave each other animals. Apparently I look like a cute little
puppy dog from lady in the tramp! We have a rhino, llama, horse, elephant, fox,
prairie dog, kangaroo, panda, and chameleon and sloth! Yep that’s my district
for you!
There have been so many
spiritually uplifting moments this week! I have been studying the plan of
salvation a lot! It is such a beautiful and divine plan! I can’t wait to teach people
about it and talk about our purpose and divine nature! So great! I study mostly
in both Spanish and English so that's good! And it takes a lot of work!
We went to the market last
week and it was crazy! We got to practice our Spanish and be outside el ccm! IT
WAS CRAZY! One level was purely food and it smelled so gross! We weren’t aloud
to eat anything because it is not safe. On the other levels there were other cool
handicrafts! They had the cutest baby clothing! I think I might buy some in
Honduras for my future children! Seriously mom, you and grandma would have died
about how cute they are! AHHH I wanted to get one so bad! Anyway, it was fun to
be outside el ccm and see more of Guatemala! So cool!
For breakfast we always
eat beans and rice and eggs and they have this delicious cinnamon rice oatmeal
stuff and warm horchata that they have for breakfast. One day we got
Ghirardelli brownies for a dessert! Soo good! I am nervous to enter the field
and have to cook for myself! They spoil us here. They dish the food for you and
no it was not a whole fish but just a lot of fish that I had to eat down.
MY FAVORITE THING so far
has been dinner with the Latino sisters that are here! They are sooo funny and soo
cute! Latinos sit on ones side with nortes on the other side of the table and we
literally just sit there laughing and talking and joking around in Spanish!
Half the time I don’t know what they are saying, but I’m able to understand a
lot! And I can contribute and sometimes they even think that I am funny! it's so
great!!!! It's those moments where you know that the gospel is true because how
else could you be soo happy! I love it here and I love learning! Some days are
so hard but I know that as I work that the Lord will bless me and my family!
Can't believe I have finished 3 weeks here and now I have 3 weeks left!
CRAZY!!!
Another story, Hma
McAllister and I were walking to church and we told a Latino elder that we were
going to Honduras and he said "Oh es muy pelligroso" (dangerous) and then
pretended to shoot guns!!! It was a great thing for me hear! Hahaha I know
though when we obey with exactness, we will be protected! It was just funny to
hear! Anyway, I love this gospel! I love studying it all day! I love learning
Spanish! and I love you!!! I can't wait to teach the people but I know that I
have so much to learn! Sorry I am running out of time and didn´t write a whole
lot this week!
But I love you! Miss you!
Keep a smile on your face and enjoy the 4th! And Montana!!!!
Waterski on perfect glass for me on the
first day will ya???"
Don't forget to dearelder.com Hermana Bodine!
No comments:
Post a Comment