11.12.2013

Week 22 - Memories and missions last for forever!


Some people say that memories last for forever, but I say that memories and missions last for forever. 

This week has been so so great!!!! I have had some of the best times here in the mission with the other hermanas, with my investigadores, and with the members. There are just so so many good people in the world!!!! One of the greatest parts of the mission is just getting the chance to talk to EVERYONE!!!!! I love just walking the streets of Santa Lucia and just getting to know the people, whether or not they accept our message. There are just so many good people and everyone has their own story that is beautiful and different.  I have felt so blessed to be serving such amazing people here in Honduras.

Some Honduras facts:

1. The women like I said before wear their little aprons while the men constantly carry around their machetes.
2. People here love to pass people on blind corners while driving. In fact, blind corners are almost the only time cars pass each other. hahaha
3. People here don’t really say their “s”s. so I have started to stop saying my “s”s in espanol and my companion loves to correct me. hahah I love it!
4. Here in Santa Lucia it is very very green because it rains almost every night!!! But that is why it is so beautiful!
5. Hondurans love their spaghetti and beans and tortillas. Yes, they put spaghetti in their tortillas with the beans as well. It is actually not too bad!!!

Anyway, from having speed walking competitions with the members to teaching the gospel to cooking pizza with the zone, and to serving the people, it has been one of the greatest and most memorable weeks of my mission!!! 

I love serving! I am so grateful to be here! I know this church is true! I love the gospel!

Keep on smiling, 
Hermana Bodine


Hermana Bodine with some of her favorite people!






No comments:

Post a Comment