What an amazing week in Zamorano.
To start off, let's give you some more Honduras facts:
1. Sometimes when you are in the
buses traveling to another area, these crazy people start to stand up and yell
to try and sell a product. They literally yell and yell and I always
think to myself, a good salesman doesn’t yell at his clients but treats them
nicely. But apparently here in Honduras business is a little different because
after the people yell for 10 minutes about their products almost everyone in
the bus throws up their money and buys the product. I am always surprised.
So maybe if you want to try and sell something, try yelling at the people and
maybe they’ll buy it. It works here in Honduras.
2. People love to shoot of guns here in
the air like they are fireworks!!!!
Okay so I had a ton of facts all ready
to give you but I have seemed to forget them all! Until next week for some
more. Sorry!
Because the elections were this past
week, we had to spend all of Saturday, Sunday and Monday in the house but
luckily on Friday, Hermana Osorio and I got to have the best day ever.
Come Friday, 2 girls, Yohana and
Jennifer that we have been teaching entered into the baptismal font to be
baptized and later confirmed on Sunday as members of The Church of Jesus Christ
of Latter Day Saints. It was such a beautiful day and I am so grateful that I
got to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to change these 2 girls
lives. But in reality, they have changed my life. These two girls live in
an old abandoned house with their family and are so so humble. When we
first gave them a Book of Mormon, the oldest started reading it instantly and
already has a testimony of it.
Teaching these girls was a little hard
because they are soo so shy but once we gained their confidence (which took
playing tag with them and countless others little games) we were able to truly
connect with them. But the most beautiful part was that after they were
baptized, they were different. Yohana had the biggest smile on her face as she
left the font and was all smiles the rest of the day. This experience truly
showed me that this gospel really changes lives. The gospel is the joy in
my life and I am so grateful that I got to help 2 beautiful daughters of God
realize their potential as children of God in life and help them have the joy
in their lives that comes from this gospel!!!!! I am soo soo grateful to be
here in Zamorano!!!
To answer some of your questions,
Zamorano is way way way bigger than Santa Lucia!!!!! Our area covers a huge
amount of land and I love it! There are so many people to talk to and so many
places to go!!! Things are just so great here! The members love us and are so
excited to have hermanas here but we have a ton of work to do here because on
Sunday, there were only 20 people at church and there are over 200 members here
in Zamorano. Too many inactive people so we have to activate them! We truly
want to do all we can to help this branch!!!!
Thank you for all your love and
prayers! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!
All
my love, Hermana Bodine
Thank you for this wonderful missionary message. We love reading your letters. You are truly an inspired and inspiring missionary. We love you and are thankful for you and your mission. Happy Thanksgiving in your new area. Grandpa and Grandma Hart
ReplyDelete