12.12.2013

Week 25/26 - Tis the Season to Be Jolly


Us in our lovely Zamorano


What a great 2 weeks it has been!!!! We have been feeling the Christmas spirit here in Honduras but more than anything, we have been feeling the Christmas Joy. These two past weeks have been filled with laughs!!! 


I just have to quickly tell two of the funniest things that happened:

1. One day we were visiting one of our investigators and just as we were leaving and saying goodbye, Hermana Osorio said that we were going to take this one road that she thought for sure would lead to our house. But the ladies (our investigadors) started cracking up because this little road definitely did not lead to the house. Anyway, Hermana Osorio was so embarrassed that she tried to hide behind me, and in doing so she put all her weight on me. I was not ready for that so I flat out fell over in front of everyone and everyone just started laughing like crazy! It was hilarious! Just picture me flat out falling over this rock thing in front of our investigadors. hahahah well I thought it was funny

2. The other day Hermana Osorio and I were walking to an appointment and just talking in the street like normal.  We looked up and this old man who was walking past us slowly and started to wink at us and point at us but the funny thing was that he struggled to wink, and I just quickly said "adios" hahahah it was soo funny!!!! Sometimes the old men in Honduras are crazy!!!

Pero even with all the laughs, Hermana Osorio and I were able to have some spiritual experiences too! Due to lack of time, I will share one little experience. On Tuesday, one of our appointments fell through so we just started walking and were trying to decide where to go. In my head, I kept on thinking that we should go visit Hermana Luz, a member, to set up an appointment with her to teach her daughter who isn't a member, and my comp was thinking the same thing.  So we decided to follow this simple prompting and visit Hermana Luz. On the way to her house, we found a little old woman hopping along the street on one leg. We stopped to ask if she needed help. Turns out she was going to visit Hermana Luz as well so we helped her to the house. Hermana Luz told us that this woman was really sick and had an accident which is why her leg doesn't function. Anyway the second we got in the house, the little old woman started having a seizure. It was after that that we realized we were prompted to go to Hermana Luz's house to find this woman and help her into a house where she could peaceful have her attack instead of in the middle of the street.

This experience just built my testimony that Heavenly Father truly cares for every single one of his children. We might have afflictions just like how this little woman was sick, but He will never forget about us and always help us along. He has a plan for us and just like how my mom says, He is the master of this plan.  I was so grateful to be His messenger to help this little woman to safety.  I know when we truly listen, the Lord will prompt us to where we need to go and what we need to do. I love this gospel and am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost in my life.  

It was such a great week and I am looking forward to another great week! Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! Enjoy the Christmas Season because it truly is the season to be jolly!!!

Love Hermana Bodine

Ps. A specialty here is pumpkin in honey. Let me just tell you, it has not been my favorite thing here in Honduras.  haha

Yolanda and Jennifer's baptism.
 Our baptismal font, a little different!
Our little thanksgiving dinner.
 I made the mashed potatoes. they were delicious!
 It was so fun to celebrate.
 Our zone at our zone meeting
At a service project where we used machetes to cut a field!
 Our dear fried Nelsi celebrating the big 18!!! she is a member and is soo great!!!!
 Advent calendar
 A member braided my hair so we took a picture!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment