1.02.2014

Week 29 - A Christmas to Remember


a bunch of members at the ward christmas dinner 
I must say that normally back in the states, I would be sad about this time because Christmas is over, but here in Honduras, Christmas is still going strong. The 24th and 31st are Christmas here, so all week we have heard fireworks, been invited to eat nacatamales, and spread the Christmas cheer.  And here for the 31st, the people make these lifesize dolls of newspaper and burn them on the 31st to burn away the old year and bring in the new year so we shall see how that goes! 
My first Christmas is Honduras was a Christmas to remember. All of Tuesday, Christmas Eve, we spent going from house to house visiting our investigadors and members! the 24th is basically Christmas here so everyone was putting on their new clothes, straightening their hair, and getting ready to go dancing.  So all through the night we heard music and people partying and then at midnight, there were a ton of fireworks!!!!! It was crazy!!! I was kinda glad to be safe in my little house!!! hahah But due to all the partying on Christmas Eve, when I woke up on Christmas morning, the world was completely silent. It felt like just Hermana Osorio and I were awake. We exchanged gifts and just spent the morning talking on our beds and then got ready to do our daily study and leave for the day! It was the best spending Christmas outside of our house and with the people of Honduras. And the best gift of all was talking to my sweet family!!! It really made me realize that one of the greatest gifts God has given me is my family!!!! Then we spent the afternoon teaching our investigadors this marvelous gospel, another one of the greatest gifts Heavenly Father has given us.   
I am so grateful for the chance I have to be here serving in Honduras. I love this Christmas season for the time to reflect on Christ, our Savior! I love this gospel and I know it to be true with all my heart!  
All my love, Hermana Bodine 
Just a scenic picture of Jicarito.


Here is family that I just love and we spent part of Christmas eve with them! 


President Martinez and his family!!!!! I LOVE THEM!!!!


And here is Nelsi!!!! She is 18 and loves to work with us!!! I just love here (and yes I know I look like I am a giant here in this picture).


 We took our house phone out of the house so that Hermana Osorio could call her family and we could call our investigadors. It was pretty funny!  


Our little Christmas tree in our house! Thanks mom!!!!


We made carne asada with some young women for the christmas dinner.


And the dolls that everyone lights on fire for the 31st. 


 ps. Have a Happy New Year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment