1.27.2014

Week 33 - 'Un Estado de Felicidad que no tiene fin'









This week, I decided to pull my little theme from one of my new favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon, Mormon 7:7.  Even though this scripture isn't referring to the mission, I feel like it is.  Right now I am in a state of happiness that never ends.  This week was full of happiness and joy and service, and the week just went by way too fast. So here is a review of some of favorite things that brought me to this state of happiness....

On Tuesday, we had the chance to work with one of our members, Hermana Zelsa, and as we visited the people, she did all of the talking and just let us sit back and enjoy. hahah But really, it was such a great experience to work with her because the investigators and less active need the friendship and love from the members. There is such power in member missionary work.  

On Wednesday, we had a testimony meeting as a zone for our zone meeting and it was so powerful. There is such power in a small and simple testimony. Then, in the afternoon, we asked Katarine (a young woman who Hermana Osorio and I helped activate) to join us to visit her friend Jamie who has a baptismal date and loves the church. In the lesson, Katarine shared her simple yet powerful testimony, and as she was sharing how this gospel has truly changed her life and her family, I had tears in my eyes and her sweet testimony brought me such peace and joy. 

On Thursday, I drank my first glass of pinol. It is a drink that is made with water and corn powder (yes, the powder from corn) and it was delicious! I love trying new things here in Honduras and learning about the culture!!! 

On Friday, we had a lesson with 3 jovenes and they asked a ton and ton of questions, so for about 1 hour we just tried to answer all of the questions instead of giving a full lesson.  But what brought me happiness was to see them understanding and to see the light in their eyes change and realize the 'why' behind the commandments and principles of the gospel. This gospel changes people. It changes lives for the better. 

On Saturday, we celebrated dia de las mujeres!!! They day of Honduranian women!! WOHOOO!! That's me now! Haha.  But we also had the chance to talk to a ton of different people and learn their stories. I love asking people questions about their lives and families. Everyone has a special story and to hear their stories just reminds me that everyone is a child of God, has such great worth, and is so very loved by God.  Heavenly Father looks out for every single one of his children. Although at times we might forget about Him, He will never forget about us.

On Sunday, my joy was to see Jamie, our investigator who is most pilas (or who is progressing most) at church and seeing her interact with the youth and enjoy church.  

All these things and more have brought me to this state of happiness that I know has no end.  How do I know it?? Because every day, my Heavenly Father blesses me in ways that I can't explain and allows me to feel the love He has for His children.  And I know that as I strive to live the commandments and follow Christ's example, I will return to live with my Heavenly Father again in a state of happiness that will never end. I know that now is only the beginning because there is so much more happiness to come!!!! And I know that all of Heavenly Father’s children can enjoy this never ending state of happiness too!!!

Keep on smiling, 
Hermana Bodine
 Picnicking with some horses!!!
 My favorite little David with his machete. Typical in Honduras...
 Me and some kids after we played with them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment