This is the tale of two hermanas in the little pueblo de Jicarito,
Zamorano. One was named Hermana Bodine from California and the other Hermana
Sarabia from Mexico.....
As I was thinking about what to write this week, all I could think of
was starting my email out as a story because this week we had a ton of little
things happen to us that would only happen here in Jicarito in the mission.
However, I never liked writing class and am not good a writing good tales
so I will just list off some of the wonderful stories of this week!!!!
To start out, I don't think the dogs will ever stop chasing me. And for
some reason they only want my gringita blood!!!! I had some rough encounters
with dogs this week and probably almost got bit 5 times. I don't think I will
ever be able to have a dog for a pet. hahaha
We had stake conference this week, which means that our little branch
needs to find a bus to take us an hour into Teguc to the stake center. It is
really sad because the stake has kind of forgotten about us. So, we contracted
a small bus that seats about 15 to take us to Teguc on Sunday morning. Come Sunday
Morning, we smashed 22 or our members, both big and small, into the tiny bus
and started our way to the stake center. About 20 mins into the trip, the bus
broke down in the middle of nowhere. Typical. Then another bus came and we made
it to our stake conference about 25 mins late. Typical Zamorano Branch. Stake
conference was great. It was broadcasted from Salt Lake. Who knew that Elder
Richard G. Scott spoke Spanish?!?!? It was amazing to hear their words that
were truly meant for the people in Central America. They talked a lot about the
Atonement and how we can have success in the families. Then on our way home, we
unfortunately passed a dead body on the freeway, and the sad thing is people
just act like it is normal here. It was sad!!! And that was the tale of
stake conference.
People here love to eat green fruit. For some reason, I think in the
states we think green fruit will make us sick or it will taste gross but here there
are no worries. The best are green mangos and bananas. We eat the mangos with
salt and the bananas we fry in oil and they are delish!!! Cheers to green
fruit! But right now it is watermelon and tamarindos seasons. There is a
pulperia close to our house that sells slices of watermelons for 2 limps.
Delish!!! And el jugo de tamarindo is soooo goood!!! I love the fruit
here.
But the best tale of this week was when we found an old investigator,
and he humbly invited us into his house again and came to church with us. We
had been fasting and praying this week to bring an investigator to church, and
come Sunday morning this investigator, who we have invited to church more than
6 times and never wanted to go, was ready at 8 when we passed by his house.
The Lord definitely works in His time and in His way. We just have to
learn to be patient and obey His will and His commandments.
I cannot believe I have 9 months in the mission! (My comp completed 18
months the same day I completed 9. Crazy) This is my tale and my mission and my
life. I love it! I love serving and learning and helping others feel Christ's
love for them.
Keep on Smiling,
Hermana Bodine
There are these beautiful yellow flowered trees here.
And this
is my little friend Diego. He is basically the latino version of young Cameron
Helvey. He loves to sing and dance and is crazy. And his voice is so
strong. He literally reminds me of Cam when Cam was young hahaha
Watermelons!
awwwhooooooooooo




No comments:
Post a Comment