Well folks, we are now in March
(I can't believe it). And here in Honduras March is the start of a very long
and hot summer!!!! Let's just say I really wish I could go swimming!! Haha I
was definitely spoiled by the beautiful bay area weather!!!!!
But
anyway besides the heat, It is has been a great week! Every week is just
flying by. There is always too much to do and so little time. Too many people
to visit and too few of hours in the day!
This
week we had a zone conference with President Hernandez (our mission president)
and the APs. It was so great and so inspiring. Every time I hear my Mission
President speak, I am filled with the spirit and the energy to keep working
harder and harder. This conference he focused on being misioneros consagrados,
on being the best missionaries we can be!!! It was filled with great advice and
inspiration. He told us we must never murmur. That is definitely
something very hard to do because sometimes we murmur to the members or to our
companions. But we must try to be like Nephi and never murmur against our
leaders and more importantly against Our Heavenly Father. He also talked
about obeying with exactness (Grandpa Hart, I couldn't help but remember your
advice as well about obeying with exactness!) He asked us, as his
missionaries, why we are trying to join back in the world when we are set apart
from the world. We really but leave the world behind and focus on this work in
order to be successful!!! Anyway, this conference was so great and I am so sad
that President Hernandez will be leaving this year!!! He is such a great
Mission president!!!
Also
this week we had 3 noches de hogars, and they were all so great!!! I have a
strong testimony of family home evenings. They are so important!! Also, I
experienced my first real chicken soup (it is when people buy chickens and kill
them right then and there and throw it is some water with veggies and ya
estuvo). It was delicious!!!
I
love Honduras, I love this work. I know this church is true and I am so
grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary!!!
Thank
you for all the love and support!
Keep
on smiling,
Hermana
Bodine
Pictures:
Hermana Osorio and her new companion Hermana Torres at the zone conference.
Hermana Sarabia and I at our zone conference. And my delicious chicken soup!
No comments:
Post a Comment