5.20.2014

Week 49 - A hop, a skip, and a jump away






Well, changes always come and go super fast! I had changes! The Elders called us on Tuesday at about 2 in the afternoon with the changes. They told me I was going to be changed to Tatumbla A, which is literally 40 mins away from Zamorano and is in the same stake! I thought it was a joke at first, but it wasn't! It was super hard to leave my family in Zamorano because I have grown so close to every single member of the branch there, expecially knowing that I would be so close but wouldn't be able to visit! Zamorano and Tatumbla are part of the same stake but different zones in the mission! But I know the Lord has sent me to Tatumbla because he needs me there for a reason and I can't wait to get to work and figure out why! I love missionary work. No matter where we are, we can always be missionaries! Missionary work just brings me such joy!! I am ready for this start in Tatumbla with my new companion Hermana Flores!!

Just to give some little facts about Tatumbla:

1. It is a small little town as well. I have only served in smaller towns in the mountains and I love it!
2. Currently we are living with La Abuela de Tatumbla. She is an 82 year old member who has been baptized for 6 years and is famous in the mission! I remember hearing about her from Hermana Jimenez while I was in Santa Lucia, and turns out I am living with her right now! She speaks English and Spanish and loves us very much! But she also has her way of living and gets mad at us when we do something that she doesn't like! She is hilarious though and I love her so much but hopefully we will be moving houses soon! When we told her we found a house to live in, she was soo soo happy and said to us, “You are always welcome in my house and I will miss you but I am happy that you have found a house!” It just made me smile so much! I love old women in Honduras.
3. We live in the mountains so it is cold! I will finally be able to use some sweaters again! Yipee!
4. We share the area with 2 other sisters so there are 4 of us in the Ward!
5. Here in Tatumbla, it is a ward with a beautiful capilla in the mountains! I am serving in my first ward which will be very different!
6. My new companion is from Chile! She is awesome and so excited for this change! I am too!


Well my new area is very different from Zamorano but I am so excited to work! I love this gospel and this work! I am so happy to be a missionary here in Honduras! I love the people here but most importantly I love my Heavenly Father and Christ! They have been my constant and steady friends here in the mission and I know they can be yours too! 

Keep on Smiling, 
Hermana Bodine



 Hermana Zavala and I in changes, our last day together.
 My dear friend hermana Jimenez is now in Zamorano! I was so happy when I heard that she was going there because Zamorano is in good hands!
 Our view from our house in Zamorano

 La Abuela de Tatumbla
 

No comments:

Post a Comment