5.05.2014

Week 47 - Lifting Logs, Touring Towns and Preaching Promises!

Another great week has flown by! It is crazy how fast time flies by! I can't believe I'm completing my 6 months mark in Zamorano! I love this place. It has become home. Anyway, this week we were able to do a ton of little service projects. Just to describe one, we were walking to a city when we found 2 tiny little kids (like the ages of 6 and 7) carrying logs to sell for firewood. We decided to help out, and when Hermana Zavala and I lifted the logs, we could barely carry them. I don't know how the kids lifted them. When we finished carrying them, we were super tired. But I love serving. These little kids were so happy that we could help out and that they could rest for a short while. 

Then on Thursday, we toured towns. Why? Because we had interviews with President, and there was no transportation (it was labor day here), so we got to drive around with President and his wife! We visited the other areas in our zone and got to see Yuscaran and Moroceli and Ojo de Agua! Yuscaran is a little old town and is beautiful! It is like little Italy here in Honduras! Anyway, I loved spending time with President and his wife! They are awesome and so spiritual and such great examples!!! I am so sad they only have 1 change left. And it was the greatest day too because it ended in our house with our interviews! It was so fun to have President and Sister Hernandez in our house for a little bit and get to know them a little better! 

This week it has started to rain! I love it!!! On Wednesday we were walking to our appointment and it started to rain pretty hard! It felt soo good to not be hot for like an hour but then the heat started up again!!! Sometimes I miss being a little cold! 

But the best part of the week was preaching promises to our investigadors. We have been focusing on talking more about the blessing that Heavenly Father has prepared for us and the promises that He makes with us when we choose the right! I love studying the Book of Mormon because it is filled with beautiful blessings and promises! One of our most positive investigators, Hermana Maria, is progressing so much and wants to be baptized because she has been reading the Book of Mormon and learning of the blessings she can receive through this gospel and through baptism! It has been such a privilege teaching her, and I know she will be baptized in just a few short weeks! 

I love this work and I love sharing the joy that this church brings me!

Keep on Smiling, 
Hermana Bodine



Ps. We ate arroz chino for lunch the day of interviews and this elder ordered a huge plate! it was ridiculous.
  
The other picture is me in Yuscaran... 

and Hermana Zavala and I today on Pday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment