4.29.2014

Week 46 - What happens when...



To change things up a little bit, I’ve decided to write my letter today in a “what happens when” form so you guys can get to know a little bit more about the things that happen here in Zamorano

What happens when you celebrate your birthday in Zamorano....The sweet and kind Familia Martinez makes you dinner during the family home evening. I felt like I was at home and it was so nice to Have Hermano Elio there with us too. The message was on Christ. It was such a gift to sing “asombro me da” on my birthday and focus on Christ. Thank you for all the birthday wishes from home too!!

What happens when you can't teach your investigadors because they are busy, you serve them. We were able to help one of our investigadors. Hermana Ignacia paint a house. She and her family guards and watches a house and the owner told them they had to paint the house in one day. When we showed up for our appointment, we decided to help out. It was so fun! I love little service projects like that and our investigador was super happy that we could help out. 

What happens when your town loses energy and you are super far from home in the night, say a prayer and speed walk to the house. I don't think my comp has ever walked so fast. Being in the street with absolutely no light can be a little scary but I know the Lord was on our side protecting us. 

What happens when you fast, you receive major blessings and see miracles. Hno Oscar and Hna Maria Rosario, two of our investigadors, joined us for church this Sunday. It was a miracle and a blessing of our fasting and work! 

What happens when the Stake Presidency decided to show up on Sunday....Well it’s rare here when somebody from the stake comes to Zamorano (we are like the forgotten rama) but yesterday they and released our President. Nobody knew, not even President Martinez. It was super sad and He will always be a President for me but I know that changes in the church always happen according to revelation and Heavenly Father knows what He is doing. Our new President is from the stake and lives 45mins away in Teguc so we will see how it all works out. 

What happens when you focus your studies on your investigadors, you end up learning for yourself at the same time. I love studying in the morning and learning for my investigadors and helping find the answers to their questions. It is so great because I learn so much and end up strengthening my testimony even more. 

What happens when you serve the Lord with patience, love, and obedience, you are blessed with complete happiness. I have been blessed with this opportunity to serve and grow and experience this happiness. 

Keep on Smiling, 

Hermana Bodine

Ps. enjoy some pictures. We were given soup this week! It is funny because it is super hot and we literally were sweating while trying to eat hahahah 




No comments:

Post a Comment