4.09.2014

Week 43 - Rejoice and Lift Up Your Heads Forever!






In 2 Nephi 9:3, It reads
“Behold, my beloved brethren, I speak unto you these things that ye may rejoice and lift up your heads forever, because of the blessings which the Lord God shall bestow upon your children.”

In my scripture study this week, this scripture touched my heart. We have been given this gospel and the scriptures and blessings to REJOICE and lift up our heads forever because the Lord has given us so much! This week in Zamorano has been a time to rejoice!!

Saying goodbye to Hermana Sarabia was super tough! But I'm so grateful I got the chance to be part of her mission and witness a miracle, the baptism of Hermano Elio, with her in Zamorano. I know she is now happy with her family! 

Then I got to rejoice in welcoming my new companion to the mission! And guess what??? She is from Nicaragua!!!! I got my wish! (I have now had comps from Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico and Nicaragua). She is 19 and super awesome. Her name is Hermana Zavala. She has so much energy to share the gospel!!! However, she did tell me that I walked super fast, so I have been trying to slow it down for her. 

Anyway, together we’ve been finding a lot of great people to teach. I know when we do our part, Heavenly Father is bound to do his part. One of my goals is to strive to be like Nephi! I love in 2 Nephi 5:34 when he says
“Oh Lord, I have trusted in thee and I will trust in thee forever”
I trust my Lord. I know He is the master of the plan. I know He knows what is best for me and his children here in Honduras. I love this gospel and know this is the true church!

Keep on Smiling, 
Hermana Bodine

Ps. Conference was so awesome. I love General Conference. But it just isn’t quite the same in Spanish! We watched it via TV in our little capilla. ON Saturday it was just 5 of us and Sunday we had 30 people come including one of our investigadors, Hermano Oscar. We were baking in the church due to the heat but I loved it! I loved on Sunday when the Choir sang “A Child’s pray.” And I loved president Uchtdorf’s talk on gratitude. But most of all I love hearing every single one of the speakers bear witness of Christ. 

I know Jesus is the Christ. I know He is our Savior and Redeemer. Se que El vive!!!!!  

And here are some pictures. Hermana Sarabia's little goodbye party.


My new comp and I outside the church!!!! I LOVE HER!

No comments:

Post a Comment