6.13.2014

Week 52 - Serve the true and living God, Mormon 9:28






This week my companion and I focused our week on service. I mean we are always trying to serve but we planned some big service projects to help our investigators and members to gain their trust and show our love. I have a huge testimony that when we are in the service of our fellow men, we are truly in the service of the true and living God. It is such an amazing opportunity to serve as a missionary and to serve the people of Honduras. Through our service, we can be the answers to somebody's prayers. 

It all started on Tuesday when a member's niece needed major help in her house. Her father had just come home from the hospital and she needed help cleaning up and washing clothes. We showed up at her house in the morning to see what we could do to help her. She needed help with washing her clothes, towels, and bed linens. So we got right to work. My comp and I started washing and ended up washing for about 3 hours by hand. My hand was completely scraped up and my skirt was soaked with water but it didn't matter. We couldn't finish because there wasn't enough water. Although it was exhausting, the look of the girls face was amazing. She was so so grateful for the help. It was pure joy! 

Then we also got to help Hermana Marta and La Abuela clean up their yards. Hermana Marta is our investigator and she is planning on building a little house to sell food for her job, so we offered to help clean up her yard to help her with her job! She was super grateful for the service as well!!! It is just amazing watching the people feel our love and most importantly the love that Heavenly Father has for them! 

This week, we had an amazing zone meeting with just our zone. Our ZLs focused on the power and authority that we have to teach this gospel. We have been set apart as missionaries for this work and for this purpose. The spirit was so strong as one of our ZLs was teaching his lesson. While he was teaching, the thought came to me that this missionary is just so humble because he wants to do the Lord's will. That is truly what humility is. As a zone we are focusing ourselves on being more humble and remember our power and authority as missionaries to have more success as a zone. I love being a part of this work!


 I love the scripture in Mosiah 4, 11 that says when we always retain in remembrance the greatness of God, when we call upon the name of the Lord daily and when we stand steadfastly in faith we will truly be humble. And then in verse 12 the Lord promises us that when we do these things we will feel the love of God, we will have a remission of our sings, and we will grow in the knowledge of the glory of Him and in the knowledge of truth. What amazing promises! 

Anyway, it was an amazing week! I loved every minute of it! One funny thing that happened was when we were in our service project with la abuela, my comp and I forgot our pants so la abulea let us borrow her pants. They didn't fit but we used them anyway. Gotta make the best of what we got! I felt like I was in the 90s. 


Keep on Smiling, 

Hermana Bodine 

 With our nurse!!!
  Service with La Abuela!
 Sometimes the water is really dirty but it is the only water we have so we have to use it to wash clothes and bathe ourselves. Welcome to Honduras! I am so grateful and amazed I haven't gotten sick!
 Service project with Hermana Marta! She is one of our investigators
 La abuela let me borrow some of her pants!



No comments:

Post a Comment