Before the mission, I saw people who I didn't know as strangers.
For those of you who know me really well, I would never talk to strangers. But
being set apart as a missionary and having the authority of God to teach His
children, things have changed. As missionaries, we are given the gift and
privilege to no longer see people as strangers but only as children of God.
And let me tell you, it is amazing because we are blessed to see the
people how God can see them and when you see them as who they can become, you
really come to truly love the people.
One of my favorite things that we do everyday is when we are
walking down the streets of our little town and just talk to everyone that we
pass by. It is just amazing getting to know Heavenly Father's children here and
sharing a message about Christ with them. This week, I had a really cool
experience and started talking to this man who lives in Zamorano, my old area.
As he was explaining to me where he lived, I must have passed by his house like
a million times in Zamorano. He was really receptive and wants the missionaries
to go and visit him. It was just amazing to see that God works in mysterious
ways but He knows what he is doing. He plans everything out and His timing is
perfect.
As we come to love the people, we come to understand and
teach them. Like it says in Ephesians 2:19 “Now therefore ye are no more
strangers and foreigners but of the household of God.” We have the amazing and
marvelous opportunity to teach these people about God. We get to help them come
to know God so that He is no longer a stranger to them. What a blessing it is
to be a missionary and what I love most is that every member can be a
missionary. We all have the chance to love and serve others. But let me just
tell you, I am so lucky to be a missionary here in Honduras. The people are
amazing and I love them so much. I am soo happy and grateful to be in the
service of them everyday.
And now for those of you who might be strangers to Honduras,
here are some funny things that happened:
1. We visited this old investigador the other day and I offered
to give the first prayer to start the lesson off. After finishing my prayer,
the hermana kept praying for quite some time and after started rubbing my head.
We were a little unsure of what to do but quickly left the house.
2. There are too many bolos (drunken men) in Honduras. This
week, a bolo tried to go visit one of our investigadores. We were walking to
the house of the inv. and this bolo started talking to us and following us. I
tried to tell him goodbye by saying that we had a cita (appointment) but he was
like, no don't worry, I am going to go and teach with you guys to learn more
about Dios. It was pretty funny.
3. One night after returning to the house, I went outside to get
water (we don’t have running water in the house) and I totally biffed it and
all of the water in the huge bucket spilled all over me. My comp had a really
good laugh about it.
4. There are so many stray dogs and recently one dog in specific
has started following us everywhere we go.
Keep on smiling and thanks for everything!
Hermana Bodine
Ps.
pictures. I can officially make tortillas.
We helped mi abuela limpiar su patio.
I love this little girl. Her mom is menos activo y estamos trabajando con ellos.
Us waiting outside while it was pouring pouring rain!
No comments:
Post a Comment