9.23.2013

Week 14 - Who says missionaries don't swim!?!?!!


Whoever said missionaries don't swim was crazy because I'm pretty sure I basically went swimming this week hahaha There has been so much rain here, it rains every afternoon. And every afternoon we get drenched in water so it is basically like I go swimming every day haha. On top of that, one day we returned to our house to go to the bathroom in the afternoon and there was water everywhere outside and it turned out that a pipe broke and was spitting water all over the patio. The owner of the house wasn't home and I knew we had to fix it or else we would lose all our water for a week inside the house so I quickly changed my clothes and went to fix the pipe. I WAS DRENCHED by the time we found the switch to turn off the water.  It was hilarious! My comp and I were laughing so hard!!! My face was covered in water, I wish I had a picture but I don't.  How oh I love Honduras!!!!

Some quotes and scriptures that I really liked this week and will forever love.
1. Alma 37:44 Wow, we are promised ETERNAL BLISS, how beautiful does that sound. I love the promises in the scriptures. 
2. President Ezra Taft Benson said, ¨Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father in Heaven and how familiar his face is to us.¨ We are truly so lucky to know our Heavenly Father!!!
3. I love the Stand in Holy Places by Ann M Dibb. Instantly I think of our home and Montana. I love in this talk that said, in our hardest times we can create and stand in Holy Places and receive profound revelation.  Pretty Powerful!! I know this to be true!
5. I was reading in Jacob this past week and I absolutely love Chapter 5! There are so many things we can learn from this chapter about how to better ourselves, how to serve, how to be missionaries, and how Christ is.  I love in verse 50 where the Lord of the vineyard says, ¨Spare it a little longer.¨ This scripture hit me hard because even when we mess up and when we fall off the path or struggle in life, Christ is going to wait a little longer because He wants us to return to Him and our Heavenly Father.  He is patient and has hope in us! He won’t give up on us and especially in the mission, He will never let us be alone. Christ awoke the apostles in the garden of Gethsemane because He didn’t want to be alone, therefore, HE will NEVER let us be alone. He is always beside us if we are worthy to be beside him. 

Those are just some things that I really loved this week. This week was crazy because on the 15 is the Independence Day for central America so everyone was participating in parades and everything and on Saturday there was a HUGE party and carnival in our town so we had to retire early to our house! I have never seen so many people in Santa Lucia before. Church was only an hour long because we only had about 30 people there or less.  Absolutely no one was around, our investigadors were all busy and everything.  It was a tough few days hahah but we have found more people to teach and I am so excited for that.  Today, we had to go to the office to pick up a knee brace and medicine for my companion (Every sister besides me in Santa Lucia has problems with their knees! Thank heavens that I don’t!!) Anyway, it was fun to go to the mission office and see Presidente and the APs and the Nurse. Our Nurse does not speak Spanish! It is hilarious! I have to translate everything for my comp and it is hilarious!! Anyway, the office is tiny and sweet! I love it! I love my mission! I am so happy! Missionary work is tiring but it has brought so much happiness in my life.  

At night my legs feel exhausted (It's like that feeling after a day at Disneyland where all you want to do is lie down in that Marriott bed and get off your feet but you feel so satisfied because you have been at Disneyland all day with the family laughing and feeling the Disney magic. Well it is the same here but the satisfaction and happiness at night is even greater because you have been serving the Lord and the people of Honduras!! Does that make sense??) hahah Anyway, I love the gospel. I know it is true! My faith is growing, my love of Christ is growing, my love for the people is growing, and I am learning so much here about the gospel and about Christ!! Thank you for all your prayers and support! I have felt them everyday! I love you all!

Cheerfully do all things that lie in your power!!!!!

Love....Hermana Bodine



I just love her mission/Disney comparison. Isn't she the best? Don't forget to send her your love!

1 comment:

  1. We have just finished our room service dinner here in the SLC Marriott. For dessert we decided to read your week 14 blog. I is just wonderful, Jennifer. You have the most postitive attitude and peaceful spirit. If I were an investigator in Hondurusd and I met you and your companion I would jump for joy. I would just love you and believe what you told me Keep up the great missionary work. Oh, and it is great that you are learning plumbing too. Lots of love to you both. Grandpa and Grandma Hart

    ReplyDelete