10.04.2013

Week 15 - Oh What a Beautiful Morning!


So to start out, here are a few fun Honduras facts
1. The old women here wear blouses, skirts, and these little aprons and carry their baskets on their heads and have the biggest hands ever! hahah but they are so hardworking and strong women! But I just love their little aprons.
2. In Santa Lucia there are only cobblestone roads and you are either going up or down hahah!
3.I love arroz con leche (basically rice, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon) It makes for a delicious warm snack!
4. There is practically barbwire everywhere so you have to be careful where you walk.  At least 3 times this past week, I’ve had to repair my skirts due to the sneaky barbwire.
5. At night and in the morning the clouds fill the mountains so if you walk out my door you are basically in the clouds and it is really pretty (It is like a foggy morning on the lake).

That is really all for my facts right now ahahah I know they weren’t the most exciting! I’ll try and think of good ones for next week!

This week was another great one! We had a meeting with two zones and our APs and we are really focusing on finding and teaching families. Right now my companion and I have about 3 families we are teaching so hopefully they will keep progressing. I love teaching families!!! There is nothing better than telling a family that they can be together for forever!! 

My companion was sick this week so she had to rest and everything so we spent a lot of time inside which is always unfortunate but there is nothing you can do about that!!  But once she recovered, we went back to work! We have started teaching the mom of a member and she is this old woman who goes to school and is studying English. So I have been helping her with English and getting to know her.  She is the BEST!!! She wears 80s DI jackets to keep warm (which is probably why she is my favorite and why we have a great relationship hahahah you know how I love my 80s outfits). Anyway, I am excited to start teaching her and hope that she will continue to progress as well!

Some talks that I studied this week were ¨Beautiful Mornings¨ and ¨Redemption¨ from this past conference.  I love in Beautiful Mornings the attitude that he has about the morning! It reminded me of what Stephen said in a recent letter of his, “Everyday I wake up and say today is going to be the best day.¨ Well every morning here I walk up, say my prayers and before I start to exercise I open our door and look out to beautiful, foggy Santa Lucia and think to myself, ¨What a beautiful morning.¨ Elder D. Todd Christofferson’s ¨Redemption¨ talk is a powerful one, and we can learn so much from this talk! I also love President Monson’s short message “Until We Meet Again.”  I love the scripture he uses, ¨weeping may endure for a night but joy cometh in the morning,¨ I know this to be true.  Some days are tough here in the mission but there is always joy in the morning!!

Always when we trust in HIM! I love serving. I am so grateful to be here! I know this church is true! I love waking up in Santa Lucia with a smile on my face thinking “This is going to be the best day because I am serving the Lord and the people of Honduras.”


Hermana Bodine

No comments:

Post a Comment