10.27.2013

Week 19 - What you devote your time to will become your reality!


"My comp in our area preaching the gospel"

This week I received a lovely little package from my mom with an adorable book of happy and positive thoughts!!!! One that stood out to me was, ¨What you devote your time to will become your reality.¨ I know this little statement to be so true. Here in the mission I have devoted my time to serving the Lord and others, loving others, studying the scriptures and doctrine of Christ and many other things and all of these things have become my reality!!!! And let me just tell you that there is no better reality!!!! I feel like I am living the best reality right now!!! I know I am so happy because I am devoting my time to these things and living this reality!!!! So just remember what you devote your time to will become your reality!!!

Anyway, we started reading the Book of Mormon over again as a mission and we are all going to finish on Christmas day, so I have been reading in 2 Nephi this week. What a great example is Nephi!!!! I love in chapter 26 when it talks about how the Lord doesn't work in darkness. He will always be the light!! Where light is, there is no darkness. Where Christ is, Satan can’t be. Then directly after it talks about how Christ loves the world!!!! He suffered for us because HE loves us!!!! I love teaching this principle of love. There is nothing better then explaining that Christ loves us!!!! There is nothing more beautiful than this!!!! For some people here in Honduras, just knowing that they are loved by Heavenly Father and Christ and me and Hermana Osorio can make all the difference.

We are visiting this old woman named Juana and her daughter just had 2 twins. She didn’t know she was pregnant until 5 months into her pregnancy and her boyfriend left her with nothing. Telling her that she was loved was such a neat experience. We got to hold her newborn babes and they are absolutely beautiful, which leads me to my next point. I now truly know why Christ asks us to become like little children.

This week we spent a lot of time teaching two of the girls in one of our families because we could never find the rest of the family! But these two girls are truly amazing! They are 10 and 9 and are perfect! After one of our lessons, they took our nametags and pretended to be us! They started the lesson with a hymn and a prayer and talked about how we pray, how Christ set the example for us to be baptized and how we must follow him, how men with the authority of God will give us the gift of the Holy Ghost, what the book of Mormon is and the Word of Wisdom. They taught us all of that without our help!!! They truly know their stuff!!! But it was such a beautiful experience because they are so innocent and just want to be their best selves. They taught a perfect lesson!

We truly must become like little children and be humble and teachable and then act on the teachings we are taught!!! It is always amazing what you can learn from little children!!!! I think I learn more from my investigadors than they learn from me hahahahah I love the people here!!!

Also I love how Nephi ends with, ¨The Lord has commanded me and I MUST obey.¨ What an example of obedience.  I love how simple this little phrase is. The Lord has commanded us so we MUST obey!!! 

Anyway, it has truly been an amazing week in Honduras. There is nowhere else I would rather be!!!! I love this gospel, I love the people here and I love serving.  Thank you for all your support and constant prayers.   

All my love, Hermana Bodine

P.S. Always remember to cheerfully do all things!!!!!

"A noche de hogar with las hermanas and a sister in the ward." 

No comments:

Post a Comment