10.04.2013

Week 16 - Everday is different, everyday is special!




Some little facts and thoughts:
1. I think every missionary should bring a magic bullet on the mission because kitchen supplies are limited hahaha and the magic bullet is just so nifty and handy
2. Sometimes we ride around in motor taxis (which are three wheel little cars (like the zap car at home))
3. Everybody here has gardens or fruit trees, and I love eating the fresh fruit off the trees. The fruit is so different here.
4. It is starting to cool off here in Santa Lucia.
5. People here love their natural teas and remedies for the sick....
6. I am starting to really love plantains (maybe that is just cause they are cheap and we eat them about every other day. They make for a good breakfast with beans and mantequia). 
7. As mission we are going to read the Book of Mormon together by the end of the year. I am excited!

Anyway, this week was great!!! I love serving!!!!  It always amazes me how many spiritual experiences I can have in just one week and how much time I can and get to dedicate to serving and learning and teaching!!!  Each part of the day is just so great! In the morning we get to exercise, wash our clothes, eat breakfast and then study for 4 hours. 1 hour of personal study where I love to read the Book of Mormon in Spanish! 2 hours of companionship study where we practice teaching and grow and learn together! (It is amazing the spirit that can be felt during companion study! This is probably my favorite study because I learn so much from my companion, and it is truly the chance to grow as a missionary). Then language study for an hour. I am helping the other 3 sisters learn English! It is way fun!! I love helping people with English!

Then we make and eat lunch and then leave the house to preach the gospel! I love preaching this gospel.  Our Heavenly Father is truly amazing and I want all to know of his love for us, his children.  It is amazing how many times I have felt his love for me during my time in the mission.  The other day while teaching one of our families, I was testifying of the Book of Mormon, and all of the sudden, the words in Spanish just came to my mind and I didn’t have to think of what to say in Spanish. It just came. It was a tender mercy. I was able to convey my testimony of the Book of Mormon with clarity and I know that it was the Holy Ghost helping me know what to say. They weren't my words. They were the words of my Heavenly Father. This is just one example of how my Heavenly Father has helped me and showed his love for me this past week. 

Anyway, after spending the whole afternoon out in beautiful Santa Lucia, we return to our house around 8:30 (the streets are way way too dark to be out any later) and get to eat and plan for the next day and study some more!!! That is a typical day in the mission field. 

But then again, every day there are different spiritual experiences that make the mission far from typical.  Everyday is different. Everyday I learn something new.  Everyday through the help of the gift of tongues my Spanish gets better. Everyday I come to love my investigadors more and more. Everyday my testimony grows. Everyday I have the chance to become closer to my Savior, Jesus Christ and feel my Heavenly Father´s love for me, my family, and all of his children (especially those in Santa Lucia, Honduras). Everyday, I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve. Everyday, I love leaving the house with a smile on my face and Book of Mormon in my hand, trusting in the Lord and ready to preach this gospel!

All my love...Hermana Bodine


Hermana Jenn's zone
Looking good!
A little kickball with the zone
Hermana Jenn with her companion and with Santa Lucia!

The "small grey house to the left" is where Jenn lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment