2.20.2014

Week 36 - Hearts in Honduras





Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!!!!

Hermana Sarabia and I had a great week here in Honduras!!!!! Here the people do celebrate Valentine's Day so we had a great activity with the ward and a few of our investigadors!!!!! Unfortunately for this activity, we invited 10 less active member families with cute invitations that we made and not one of the families showed it! It was really sad, but with those who did come (the normal 30 members who always come to church) we had a blast!!!!! My companion and I gave a sweet, simple message on love in the home and then we ate dinner and played a ton of games.  I have never laughed so hard in my life!!! Hahahah I love the branch here and the people here!!! They have taught me so much and really showed me how to have fun no matter what the situation is!!!!

Best experience of the week was leaving with our 84-year-old faithful member to visit some investigators!!!! He was all excited to leave with us and wanted to introduce us to everyone! It was so great!!! The picture included is with him.  It was so great because He did most of the talking and is just the sweetest 84-year-old guy! And he is hilarious!!!!! Member missionary work is the best!!!! 

Probably the worst experience of the week happened on Valentine's Day. Friday morning, we hiked up our little mountain to visit a less active family to plan a noche de hogar with the members and their family!!! They live pretty far away and down this tiny little street and in the last house.  As we yelled 'buenas', the daughter answered the door but out from behind her came her two dogs!!!! The first dog came running at me and started barking like crazy and bit my skirt and I was literally kicking and screaming. I thought for sure it was going to bite me! Luckily all the kicking worked and it only bit my skirt!!!! I am literally so scared of dogs now!!!!! 

But besides that!! This week was great! Lots of work with our investigadors and less active members!!!! We are pretty happy here in Zamorano but there is a ton of work to be done.  We had a great lesson with Yami, our investigador who is progressing the most!!!! Anyway, I love this work and am so happy here in Honduras!!!!! 

Keep on smiling!!!! All my love, 

Hermana Bodine







No comments:

Post a Comment