8.06.2014

Week 60 - Just...Keep...Working


Let's just say everyday this week, this little phrase just...keep...working ran through my head a lot. I ended up getting pretty sick with an awful cold and completely lost my voice and just some other things went down, but I knew I couldn't stop working. I knew that everyday I needed to get up at 6:30 to study and start the day off right and then work all through the day and return home at night. The first 2 days of the week, I completely lost my voice. My companion had to do all the talking, and it was actually really tough. I have never been the one to love to talk, but I missed talking and being part of the lessons. But more than anything, I just missed bearing my testimony. Luckily by Thursday, I somewhat had my voice back so I could finally talk some more. Thank goodness. 

Even though everyday I just felt awful physically, I just prayed to have the Lord help me with strength so that I could work during the day. This week was super important because we were preparing for a baptism, and I knew that if I stopped working, the baptism wouldn't happen. So I just...kept....working. And we were truly blessed. Although it probably wasn't the best work I have down in the mission, the Lord saw our efforts and our work and blessed us with a beautiful baptism this Saturday. Yahaira was baptized. She ahs been recieving the hermanas for over a year, and finally decided to go to church with us. We have been working with her my whole time here in Tatumbla. She is amazing. I love her so much! She took a step of faith and was truly blessed. It is so amazing helping people change their lives and accept this gospel and then watching as the blessings pour over them. I love being a missionary. 

Thank you for all your prayers and support. I defintely felt them this week. 

Love you so much! and Just remember.. Keep on smiling. 


Hermana Bodine




We are now allowed to drink pepsi so my comp and I bought one for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment