8.20.2014

Week 62 - The work never stops

One of the reasons that I love writing on Mondays is because it gives me the chance to remember all the great and amazing miracles and experiences that we witnessed and experienced during the week. Tatumbla has become one of my favorite places in the world. 

Well, this week we were able to prepare Hermana Rina for her baptism. Sidenote, after her wedding her son who is seven said, “Now we can be together forever.” It was sooooo cute. We had a great noche do hogar with them and made delicious banana bread. We visited her almost everyday to prepare her for her baptism. She was so ready to be baptized and her husband was so excited as well. The baptism was beautiful. It poured and poured outside during the baptism but once again the church became a place of refuge. On Sunday she was confirmed un miembro de La Iglesia de Jesu cristo de Los Santos de los Ultimos Dias. The family was so so happy. Robert Hales once asked us “Do we understand that when we are baptized we are changed forever?” Then he adds that it will change our lives and establish our total allegiance to the kindgom of God. I just love that, and it was such a blessing seeing this change in Hermana Rina. 

We were also able to visit a lot of menos activos this week and have some great lessons with them. We have been stressing the importance of prayer, and more than anything, family prayer. I love teaching people that Heavenly Father wants to listen to us and that we have the chance to literally talk to Him through la oracion. President Monson said “May we realized how close to us He is willing to come, how far He is willing to go to help us, and how much He loves us.”  We can come to realize these things through our diligence in daily prayer and scripture study. It has been such a blessing coming closer to Christ through daily prayer and scripture study. 

This work never stops.  And I don't want it to. While preparing for this baptism, we also searched and searched for new people to teach. Although my companion and I are not perfect, we work hard and try to do what He wants us to do. I have truly learned that God loves broken things. He has to show us our weaknesses so that we can be humbled to become like He is. He will change those weaknesses to strengths. President Henry B. Eyring said, “As you give your whole heart to this work, He will magnify you.” I know this to be true. I am far from perfect, but I have felt my Heavenly Father give me the knowledge and strength that I need to help His children. I am a witness that as we work in His vineyard and give it our all, He will work alongside us as it says in the Book of Mormon. 

Keep on Smiling, 



Hermana Bodine





No comments:

Post a Comment