11.23.2014

Week 74 - The Spirit of the South

What another truly amazing week! I am so grateful to be here in Renacer with Hermana Morales. She is amazing and I feel like we have such a great companionship. 

Last Monday we played ultimate Frisbee in this ghetto field but it was so much fun. I forget about ultimate frisbee. I love that game. 

But as far as the week goes. I don't even know where to begin but for starts, my comp and I were talking last night and we feel like when we are working our hardest, there always seem to be even more pruebas (challenges) that come our way (like our stove and fridge breaking, our keys getting stuck in the door, investigators getting sick, and all sorts of little pruebas) but every time we face a problem, we say a prayer and do all we can to vence la prueba and put our trust in God. With patience, everything always turns out okay. Heavenly Father has truly blessed us so much. I know that when we pray to our loving Heavenly Father, He is always listening to us and always will bless us and help us after all that we can do. 

We have had some amazing lessons this week. The spirit has truly testified to me that this church is the Church of Christ, that families can be together for forever if they follow the example of Christ through faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. Many lessons that we taught this week were with families. There is nothing more beautiful than teaching the mother and the father and children all together and seeing them grow and progress together in their desire to come unto Christ and follow His example and change their lives. I can just see every single one of these families dressed in white taking the first steps into becoming an eternal family. I have truly felt nothing but joy this week. Every morning we leave the house with a smile on our faces and with all of our armor (a umbrella para el sol, sunscreen, off, folletos, scriptures, and the spirit, the spirit to help these people in the South). And after working all day and trying to give our very best to the Lord, we return at night and we might be covered in dirt and sweat and worn out, but it doesn't even matter because the smile that we share are makes it all worth it. Heavenly Father has blessed us so much and it is amazing being part of HIs work. I would like to end with a few words de un misionero de Libro de Mormon but it's as if I feel like they were mine. 

My joy is full, yea my heart is brim with joy and I will rejoice in my god. I know that I am nothing, as to my strength I am weak, therefore I will not boast of myself but I will boast of my God for in His strength I can do all things. (Alma 26:11-12)

Keep on Smiling, 

Hermana Bodine


Our Presidente de rama nos invito a comer. 
 We had divisions this week with the sister trainer leaders and the 4 of us were together.

No comments:

Post a Comment