11.04.2014

Week 73 - Renacer



Renacer means to be born again in Spanish! Well, I feel like I am starting the mission from the beginning because I had CHANGES and am now in the south part of my mission in a little area called Renacer Marcovia. My companion and I are opening the area and it is amazing. 

After my first change the in the mission, I received a companion who did not want to come to Santa Lucia. She was not happy that she received changes because she had loved her old area so much and didn't want to leave, that old area was Renacer Marcovia. As I heard her talk about Renacer, I thought to myself, maybe one day I will have the opportunity to go to Renacer Marcovia but didn't really think it would be possible. 

Well, on Wednesday, we gathered together with all the missionaries who had changes to receive our new areas and our new companions. Presidente Bowler now in the changes meeting announce the changes but making a PowerPoint presentation and on each slide he puts the pictures of the companionship and the name of the area. So there I was waiting for my picture to show up on the screen. Let me just tell you, there was a lot of thoughts and emotion going on during this changes meeting. Then when my picture came up with my new companion, Hermana Morales from Nicaragua I was filled with the spirit and with joy knowing that we were going to open Renacer Marcovia once again, the area where my best friend Hermana Osorio served. 

These past few days in Renacer have been amazing. I love the South! It is the first time that I have come down to the south part of the mission where it is super super super hot. Literally we are sweating all the time, you walk out of the shower sweating jajajajjaja. But I love it. It is flat and there are pigs and cows and all sorts of animals in the streets. The people spend their entire day chilling in their hammocks and are super friendly. It is a whole different world down here. 

I just feel so so blessed to be here in this new area. My companion and I are so dedicated to this work and we are working as hard as we can. We get along perfectly. I love her and I love the people here in Renacer. But more than anything, I love my Heavenly Father and I know he loves me! This is His work and it is amazing. 

Keep on Smiling, 
Hermana Bodine


PS- our first day there we got poured on and completely lost!! Here is a picture of the map and us soaking wet! jajaja
And it was so so so hard saying goodbye to Tatumbla. I cried! Especially with this family! But I know I will see them soon.
  Renacer Pigs!
 Goodbye Tatumbla!

Last dinner with the abuela.
 Our zone made playeras! So fun! We were all such good friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment