This week was another amazing week. We were able to teach many lessons and I love sharing this gospel with as many people as I can here in Renacer. But when things seemed to be going perfectly in my eyes, our faith was truly tested. My companion got sick this week with some disease that has been passing around, but we didn't let it stop us. We just had to have a lot more faith. When we truly exercise our faith, we can overcome any trial or test that comes our ways. I love the verse in Ether where God tells us that we are not going to receive a witness of Him until after our faith has been tested. I know in my life I will have many more trials come my way but I have felt as though my faith has been tested and that I can say that I am a witness of God. He loves me and all of His children. He truly showed us His love this week and through our efforts to work our hardest, we were able to see countless miracles. I am not perfect and this week has been far from perfect, but I have realized that that doesn't matter. God doesn't ask us to be perfect, he asks us to be perfected in Christ. He sees us how we can become.
As I was studying the scriptures this week, I came across something that I love. In one verse that I read it says that all that we do should point to the Savior. Even though we may not do things perfectly and even though our lives might not be perfect, if everything we try to do points to the Savior it is going to be okay.
Renacer Marcovia is amazing. I have never come to love a place and people so quickly in my whole life. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve these people here. I love this work so much. Hermana Morales and I are just working hard to do all that we can to help these people come to know Christ and strengthen their faith. And I know that Christ is truly working along side us.
Keep on Smiling,
Hermana Bodine
Here is a pic of me and a garrobo. People eat these animals here! YUM YUM YUM.
It is Christmas time here. People are putting up their lights!
We had a family in church!

No comments:
Post a Comment