10.08.2014

Week 69 - Precious to Me!

Wow. What an amazing conference. I loved everything that I was able to hear (due to some technical difficulties we missed some talks and sessions jajaj)This is my overall sum up!  If we strive to find personal revelation and follow the prophet we will arrive at the Lord's prescence. I love how God chose for His prophet to teach us something so basic and so important that will lead us in a dircest course back to him, that we need to follow Christ and His everlasting example. That is truly the secret to life to have the most happiness and to return to live with our families and our Heavenly Father. 

But I also loved Elder Bednard's talk from the Sunday afternoon session. We talk to everyone and want to share this gospel and message with everyone because it is so precious to us. It is what makes us happy. These simple truths make us happy. We should want to share with everyone what makes us feel so good all the time. This truly is missionary work, sharing with the people how they can truly become happy and recieve all the blessings that we have felt and recieved. 

As we share what is truly precious to us, we will experience precious moments.  I want to share some of the precious moments that I have experienced in this week from being a missionary and helping others find happiness in Christ. 

We have an amazing investigador who is progressing so so fast. This week we had an amazing lesson with her where the spirit was so strong because we were reading from the Book of Mormon. I love the Book of Mormon and being able to share this book with her and watch her read it and love it and learn from it was so amazing. The 3 of us felt such joy in this precious moment. 

This week I had the chance to talk to my Mission President for an interview and after he just said, Hermana Bodine, we love you and thank you for your work. It was a precious moment to hear that my mission President truly loves me and all of his missionaries. He is truly amazing! 

Another precious moment was finding a family in the street to talk to. Normally when we open our mouths in the street, we only find the wife or the son or the dad of a family but last night we found an entire family walking together and were able to talk and share with them our message. It was a precious moment. 

One very precious moment happened one thrusday night when a man, who is working in the circus (there is a circus right now in Tatumbla) started talking to us and asking us about the church. Turns out he is receiving the missionaries in his home and has a baptismal date but had to come to Tatumbla to work. Well, let's just say that God works in mysterious ways. We were able to talk about baptism with him and have a mini lesson and invited him to come to church with us and HE CAME: It was so precious and neat to see how God really wants this child of His to be baptized and live the gospel so He sent us down that street to find him and invite him to church. 

But the most precious moment of this week was listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing, I am a child of God. It was beautiful. I know that I am a precious daughter of God and the He loves me. Through his prophet, He has sent me here to Honduras to share these precious truths with the people. I know this church is true and this gospel is one of the most precious things to me. 

Thank you for everything. Keep on Smiling!

Hermana Bodine


sorry no pictures, still have a virus on my  memory card

No comments:

Post a Comment